What is microblading
Microblading is a way of semi-permanent make-up, through manual process of inserting pigment into the upper layers of skin we create the desired fullness and shape of the eyebrows. ... Result looks natural and flawless as hair effect is recreated on the skin
• Because every hair on the missing part of your eyebrow is drawn individually, which makes the eyebrows look as natural as possible
• Because you are fed up with filling up your eyebrows with a pencil every day
• Because you want to look natural and flawless even when you wake up, relax on holidays or exercise
• Because the final look is adapted to your hair colour, skin tone and the direction of your eyebrow hair growth
• Because your face will look more youthful and brighter while you will be more confident
DURABILITY OF MICROBLADING
• The durability of the pigment depends mostly on the skin type and life style (exposure to sun, cosmetic procedures, etc.) * those with oily skin types do not always hold the pigment
• The results of microblading can last from 1 to 3 years
• About a month after the procedure the client comes in for a check-up and a touch-up (included in the price)
• A touch-up once a year is recommended to retain the saturation of pigment
THE PROCEDURE AND SAFETY
• First we consult with the client about their wishes and evaluate the condition of eyebrows
• Then some initial drawings are made and corrected until the client is fully satisfied with the results
• We take photographs of the eyebrows and digitally check their symmetry
• We match the colour of the pigment with your hair colour and skin tone
• The procedure takes about 1 and a half hours
• We meet strict hygiene standards in compliance with all relevant legislative requirements
Before the treatment
Be prepared for the colour intensity to be significantly sharper and darker immediately after the procedure. This will subside and become softer as the skin heals. This process can take up to fourteen days.
Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may be swollen or red, you are advised not to make social plans on the day of your enhancement.
Please wear your normal make-up to your enhancement appointment.
Do not take aspirin or Ibuprofen 2 days prior to and after your enhancement.
Do not discontinue any medication before consulting your doctor.
Keep alcohol intake to a minimum 2 days prior to and after your enhancement.
A sensitivity test will be performed
Do not use Retin A skincare products close to the enhancement area 1 month prior to and after your procedure.
Do not use AHA skincare products close to the enhancement area 2 weeks prior to and after your procedure.
As with electrolysis the National Blood Service does not accept donations of blood for 1 year after a permanent cosmetic enhancement.
After the treatment
The area treated may show redness and swelling and that the colour looks dark and intense – this is quite normal.
Additional treatments cannot be undertaken until the area has completely healed. A 4/6 week healing time is required before any more work can be undertaken.
In order to let your brows heal well, avoid water on the brow area (unless cleaning), make up to the brow area, the gym, sauna or pool for 7 days.
Once the area has healed completely, approximately one week, consider using a waterproof total sunblock when going out in the sun to stop the colour fading.
Strong chemicals or glycolic acid/peels of any kind may cause the pigment to lighten. Always telephone and check with your consultant if in any doubt.
Do not pick or pull at the treated area as it will result in pigment loss. You will go through three healing phases: 1-heal, 2-peel and 3-fade
You may notice whiteness or blanching around the area, this is quite normal and will subside within 12 hours. If you find any lymphatic fluid or blood weeping you can gently clean the area with mild baby shampoo or anti bacterial wash. This is recommended every few hours for the first few days and then twice a day for 2 weeks.
With clean hands and a cotton bud apply a fine layer of after care balm to the treated area. Repeat this procedure up to 3 times a day if the area feels tight.
After the fine scabbing has sloughed away you will see a different hue to the colour implanted.
Points to consider
Giving Blood – The Red Cross have suggested that you do not give blood for 6 months following treatment.
MRI Scans – This procedure shows up as an artefact on the scan. Some clients may experience a tingling sensation. Please notify your radiologist.
Injectable – Dermal fillers and Botox can alter the shape of the eyebrows. The client should be advised that injectable should be carried out after a microblading procedure and not prior.
Laser /Pulsed Light – Laser or pulsed light hair removal or skin rejuvenation treatments can cause colour change – it is important to advise the therapist that you have had Microblading procedure as this cannot be rectified with another Microblading procedure.
Colour Refreshing – To keep your new brows looking at their best it is recommended that you have a colour refresh procedure every 12-18 months.
Initial treatment £270 (incudes 5 week top up must be taken between week 4-7) Please book a consolation first, at this appointment we wax the brows if needed, patch test you and also patch test from tint in case we need to use this on the day to
3rd top up if any add ons are needed £50
Colour boost £150 (yearly appointment)
A patch test and £50 deposit is required at the time of booking
Please let us know if you have any health problems beforehand.
Can not be performed of anyone who is pregnant, on blood thinners or under the influence of alchohol